Bliss Balls, I had never heard of them. But then I started a 14-day-free-of-sugar challenge and friend Karin attended me on them. I searched on the web and found a bunch of how-to’s. I made out of a few recipes my own one and my my my… THESE THINGS ARE &*^%$ AWESOME!!
The fun part about preparing the Bliss Balls is that is as simple as that: you only need something to blend everything well together.
– 1 cup of dark brown raisins (or use dates)
– 1 cup of sesame seeds
– two tablespoons honey
– two tablespoons raw cacao powder
– 1 tablespoon coconutoil
– 1 small piece of turmeric (or 1 tsp ground)
– 1 small piece of ginger (or 1/2 tsp ground)
– coconut flags (I used them for the topping)
Now you blend all ingredients together. I read that a ball of “dough” should appear, well.. not in my blender. Pas de problem! Roll balls, cover them with coconut flags, freeze up for an hour and tadaaa!
What Mia thought about the Bliss Balls? Well, let’s say she prefers Tonychocolonely 😉